- The Mine Risk Education (MRE) reference group coordinates the development and delivery of messages about the risks of mines and ERW;
- The Gender Mainstreaming Reference Group focuses on integrating gender considerations into all aspects of mine action planning and policies in Cambodia, from socioeconomic guidelines and planning mechanisms to MRE material development and data collection;
- The Data Management Reference Group monitors information management systems to make sure that information is gathered, processed, analyzed, stored, and applied correctly;
- The Demining Technical Reference Group focuses mainly on developing operational guidelines and standards; and
- The Mine/ ERW Victim Assistance Technical Reference Group addresses the victim assistance goals laid out in the Nairobi Action Plan.
- At the provincial level, CMAA coordinates with Provincial Mine Action Committees (PMAC) and Mine Action Planning Units (MAPUs) in the implementation of the National Mine Action Strategy (NMAS).
MAPUs are the provincial arm of the Government responsible for consulting communities, demining organizations and relevant development organizations in formulating annual demining work plans. MAPUs also conduct field investigations to validate the planned use of land after clearance, monitor the implementation of the demining work plans, and conduct post-clearance monitoring to verify post-clearance land use and beneficiaries.
PMAC and MAPUs ensure that mine clearance planning involves affected communities and that the process is conducted in a transparent manner and supports local development plans. PMAC and MAPUs also monitor how beneficiaries use cleared land and assists in resolving disputes that may arise after land has been cleared.
Our National Partners
- Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC)
- Cambodian Red Cross (CRC)
- Cambodian Self-Help Demining Group
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction
- Ministry of National Defense
- Ministry of Planning
- Ministry of Public Works and Transportation
- Ministry of Social Affairs Veterans and Youth
- Ministry of Women’s Affairs
- General Commissariat of National Police
- Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC)
- Spirit of Soccer